Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex intelligence analysis environment. The DPM is responsible for the overall performance of the program and will plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken to initiate and execute a Government contract. The successful candidate will support management of a team of up 100 resources and work in a high-pressure environment, delivering outstanding results under tight deadlines and constraints. The DPM will support Leidos relationship with the customer program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. Additionally, the DPM will serve as a Mission Advocate, supporting integration of innovation and modernization to the customer. The DPM must effectively bring together a cohesive/efficiently running organization. The DPM will be responsible for managing cost, schedule, quality and risk to ensure contract requirements are met; provide financial reports, collect and analyze project metrics; prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews. We are looking for a team-oriented leader who has the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large program and interface with senior customer leaders.
Performance objectives may include: meet financial AOP commitments in revenue and fee for organization, retention of personnel, limit attrition to a set goal, create a diverse and inclusive environment for Leidos and team personnel, grow organically and promote Leidos direct labor on existing programs, support development, maintenance, and implementation of NSO strategy, embody the Leidos values, beliefs, and supervisor expectations.
- The Deputy Program Manager (PM) will provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership of the execution of this TO.
- The DPM will oversee assigning tasks to contractor personnel, provide high level supervision of ongoing technical efforts, and manage overall program performance to ensure the optimal use of assigned resources and subcontractors.
- The DPM will need to be readily available to respond to Government questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the Government to potential contractual or programmatic issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day management as well as long-term strategic development
- Responsible for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract
- Serve as needed as a secondary point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), and the Government Program Manager
- Support and develop reports to Leidos management on the status of all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of all CDRL and financial reports for the contract as well as ad hoc data calls and various other contract deliverables (to include manpower reporting, kick-off meetings, monthly status reports, attending project meetings, and maintaining the Project Management Plan)
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors and Vendors
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions
- Ensure innovation and efficiencies are an ongoing process
- Coordinate Leidos resources needed for effective program management, including but not limited to, HR support, Talent Acquisition, contracts administration, security, and finance support.
- Identifies, assesses and resolves complex business problems/issue/risks
- Leads planning for Contractor resources, scheduling, milestones and deliverables
- Manage sub-contractor effort and selection including review of invoices and Subcontractor status reports, and provide feedback to Subcontractor managers on the performance of their teams.
- Serve as secondary point of contact for the client Leadership and contract management officers
- Coordinates resolution of scope and schedule disputes
- Responsible for securing and managing an exceptional team/staff, maintaining high levels of staff retention, and ensuring exceptional customer relationship management.
- Ensure all security requirements are satisfied at all times.
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor employees, manage professional development, hiring, and issue resolution for the program.
- Engage employees and customers on a routine basis to fully understand customer requirements and employee capabilities
- Develops systems, procedures and capabilities to provide qualified personnel with short turnaround times; and corporate measures to correct/alleviate poor performance
- Manages the timeliness, completeness, and quality of problem identification
- Provides corrective action plans, proposal submittals, timely identification of issues, and effective management of subcontractors
- Seeks to ensure customer satisfaction and professional and ethical behavior of all contractor personnel
- Identifies and documents program technical, quality & risk areas and mitigation methods to reduce risk, maximize benefits and ensure delivery for scientific computing and analysis efforts regarding current or future capabilities
- Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional certification or Defense Acquisition University (DAU) equivalent.
- At least 4 years of experience managing complex programs, supervising and leading teams or projects.
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience managing a program similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements of this TO.
- Experience managing contracts or TOs with work occurring in a CONUS and OCONUS environment.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Strategic Analysis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.