Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Operations Task Lead, who will be responsible for operations and maintenance (O&M), Development, Modernization and Enhancement (DME) and Custom Development of governmental research application management system, as part of a research-oriented program with the U.S. Army, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) office. The Systems Operations Task Lead must demonstrate experience in providing project management and application administration services, and overseeing development, enhancements, operations, and technical support activities.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Oversees technical team in daily operations, development, maintenance, and support activities in coordination with Government POCs.
- Leads project planning, timeline and milestones development, generation/maintenance of project documentation including roadmap, deliverables, incident reports, project plans, performance metrics, architectural and technical documents, standard operating procedures, user guides for front and backend functionality.
- Documents issues and incidences, track progress towards approved milestones, and provide regularly scheduled updates and reports with agreed upon metrics.
- Ensures quality control for all aspects of project execution, application development, system configurations, and data management based on industry and Government standards.
- Attends regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings with key stakeholders and provide briefings, system demonstrations, and documentation as requested.
- Provides management for the maintenance and operations of a customer service/helpdesk center
- Leads O&M, DME, Custom Development and technical support for the application, to include:
- Maintaining the current application server equipment and hosting environment to include development, test, user-acceptance and production
- Work with the government on setting roadmap for new and enhanced system functions and features
- Supporting the migration of the application to an alternate hosting environment
- Ensuring proper DOD IM/IT security procedures and protocols/Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) are followed
- Provide support for Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes including maintenance of controls and documentation Maintaining security controls and documentation, and entry into Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)Maintenance of system interfaces and interconnection agreements
- Troubleshooting and incident management
- Requirement analysis and planning for enhancements and new development efforts
- Utilization of industry best practices for application development methodologies to develop application code and make the necessary database changes, and to test, integrate, and evaluate new or enhanced system functions and features.
- A bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in IT systems engineering lifecycle to support multi-tier disciplines: network, storage, cloud, backup, platforms, middleware, applications, monitoring, and security, helpdesk/service desk operations
- Must meet CompTIA CE certifications (either A+, Network+, or Security+ certification required)
- Computing Environment (CE) commercial certification
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in leading a multi-tier O&M discipline team
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on O&M activities as needed
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects using Agile Methodology
- Familiarity with the Federal EPLC requirements
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage repeatable processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with JIRA, VMWare ESC, Windows Server OS, Linux OS, Java-JDK + Oracle RDBMS, and Apache Tomcat-outputting HTML, XML, CSV, XLS, Cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with development and maintenance for the government’s Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) system
- Experience maintaining, updating, and creating Standard Operating Procedures for systems administration and/or O&M of government-owned production systems
- Experience training and mentoring team members
- Basic shell or other scripting experience as appropriate for the platform
- Working knowledge of applying security configurations to Windows or Linux Servers and Workstations
- Working knowledge of patch management tools, techniques, and best practices
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.