Leidos is seeking a Scientific Review Manager (SRM) able to manage Science Review Officers (SROs) across multiple health specialty areas performing duties in support of scientific peer reviews. The SRM will be the scientific/technical lead for individual scientific peer review programs in the biomedical science fields, oversees all scientific/technical aspects of the review process, ensuring a fair and thorough review of each application by a panel of subject-matter experts and the integrity of the entire peer review process. This role will serve multiple program/task orders.
- Act as the scientific/technical lead for individual peer review programs, overseeing all scientific aspects of the review process, ensuring a fair and thorough review of each research application by a panel of subject-matter experts.
- Manage, organize and oversee peer review process of applications on various areas of biomedical research, through high-quality process management and critical evaluation of proposals.
- Communicate program goals and established processes to the project team. Supervise SROs assigned to individual review panels.
- Guides and oversees SROs throughout the review process, including reviewer recruitment, meeting facilitation and summary statement writing.
- Develops and presents reviewer trainings. Performs quality control of the scientific contents of client deliverables.
- Identify and eliminate conflicts of interests for the reviewers, institutions, applicants, and panels.
- Provide training to SROs and scientific reviewers on the review policies and regulations.
- Provide guidance and monitor critique writing and submission to ensure guidelines are met.
- Serve to ensure integrity and to adhere to the mission of the programs.
- M.D. or Ph.D. with 3+ yrs research and/or management experience
- Biomedical sciences or military medical sciences background required
- Scientific Peer Review experience recommended
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Prior management experience is highly desirable.
- Candidates with previous biomedical research experience are preferred.
- Experience managing scientific peer review panels for US Government departments, including the National Institutes of Health, US Army Medical Research and Development Command programs, and Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
- Experience recruiting, leading, or managing peer-review panels with reviewing proposal topics in cancer, infectious diseases, military medicine, traumatic brain injury, combat casualty care, and other military relevant diseases and conditions.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.