The Leidos Health Group’s Government Health and Safety Solutions (GH&SS) Operation has an opening for a Client Engagement Director located in the Gaithersburg, MD metro area. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, GH&SS.
The Client Engagement Director will provide multi-faceted operational, business growth and strategic development support to GHSS. This executive will have the proven ability to operate a business with multiple service offerings, a track record of building and sustaining a culture of operational excellence, and a proven ability to execute to an annual operating plan. The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direction and leadership on the organizations strategy to action plans, and assist the Division in hitting key milestones to accomplish goals and impact growth
- Provide tactical direction and leadership on the organizations go-to market strategy for modernization and growth.
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide operational and delivery direction approximately 25-30% on GHSS Programs
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery and high accountability for meeting plans.
- Challenging the organization to drive technical and process innovations and robust solution development into the current portfolio of contracts and customers
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working at or contracting with HHS
- Prior experience running a portfolio of programs within the federal market
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning re-competes, takeaways, and new business
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the organization
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and foster the organizational high potential talent to achieve career growth opportunities at higher levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win / win results
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business at HHS
- Knowledge, experience and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, agile software development, IT architectures, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics
- Local travel is expected as there are multiple office locations included in this organization
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.