● Adhere to and help enforce Health and Safety regulations and law.
● Have knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and Q1.
● Understand the Quality Management System and Quality brief.
● Responsible with the CNC Supervisor for the CNC shift.
● Achieving production targets and deadlines.
● Reading, interoperating and working to drawings supplied.
● CNC scheduling, methods and set ups including:
Ensuring component inspection is carried out and take an active role in the quality of Leidos products produced. Producing Jigs, fixtures and tooling methods to ensure safe, cost efficient production of components. Preparing cutting tools. Completion of Job record sheets for each component. Time Cards. Inspection sheets. Ensure the Setters/Operators are working efficiently when the machine is running where possible de-burring, inspecting or running more than one machine.
● Identify and implement safe and efficient systems, assembly and production.
● Promote direction given by the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor to your team to ensure the priority of machining to enable efficient assembly.
● Inform the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor if there are any issues preventing you completing production deadlines or targets.
● Communicate with the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor giving feedback on all aspects that would affect the delivery and or quality of our product.
● Positively promote the best interests of Leidos Industrial Engineering at all times.
● Housekeeping (clean, efficient and safe work place).
● Plant, equipment maintenance, calibration and servicing.
● Completion of Fault report sheets for all faults on the machines within your area. Once completed give them to the Workshop Manager.
Specific responsibilities with regard to Staff issues as below
● All production must be carried out as per the schedule.
● Time keeping.
● Drive, inspire, lead and positively motivate CNC team and Stores personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Leidos Industrial Engineers reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as deemed necessary, to meet the needs of the business.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.