Are you interested in improving and shaping the development and implementation of IT projects? Leidos is seeking a Test Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting large information technology projects for one of our clients, who is one of the top 10 largest electric companies in the U.S., headquartered in New Jersey. This individual will be responsible for developing testing and test management requirements, procedures, standards and policies.
We are looking for a Test Manager who is responsible for leading the overall facilitation and execution of the testing strategy for the program. These responsibilities include areas such as: scheduling and management of testing assignments, program testing status, defect tracking, and measurement reporting. This role will lead large, complex, and strategic testing initiatives that span across multiple programs and will be responsible for tracking multiple test efforts simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results in fast paced environment
Location: We are looking for someone in Newark, New Jersey. Role may be remote initially, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
- Understand the business functionality and define over all test strategy.
- Capability to understand the big picture – system / app / product and weave in a comprehensive test plan
- Develop and maintain standard IT testing and test management processes and procedures; this also includes developing a set of test policies to define acceptable levels of testing based on a set of criteria which considers risk vs. cost benefit.
- Develop and maintain standard requirements management processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain staff training materials for the above test and requirements management processes.
- Conduct staff training for test and requirements management processes.
- Effectively communicate at senior manager / director / executive levels about the program / project level risks / issues / escalations.
- Provide consulting to project teams for test and requirements management.
- Develop requirements for standard test management reports and visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and implemented by other IT staff.
- Develop requirements for standard requirements management reports and visualizations in the form of mockups, to be built and implemented by other IT staff.
- Become “go-to” – escalation point person for any project related test management activities.
- Communicate effectively the daily status – risks / issues / dependencies, track progress and manage issue workflow to resolution.
- Work directly on projects in a test manager or similar technical lead role
- May be responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
- Logging and managing the defects in ServiceNow
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline. High school diploma with additional 4+ years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Test Manager
- Experience with HP Quality Center and ALM SDLC tool set required.
- Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices, and processes. Experience with planning and leading QA efforts for a program or large complex projects.
- Prior experience with development or testing of utility information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle process.
- Prior experience managing large, complex, testing efforts crossing multiple departments.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) both internally to the project team and leadership.
- Ability to provide necessary support to the gathering and writing of accurate, complete test materials.
- Strong business analysis skills for capturing business/clinical scenarios and translating them into test cases and scripts.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.