The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Multimedia Video Specialist to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore) in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization by adding a Multimedia Video Specialist, to our Communications, Knowledge and Training Team. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation and communication experience.
The ideal candidate for the Multimedia Video Specialist, will work to establish, grow and shape this new role. This role provides high-end, end user and customer focused video and multimedia including but not limited to video, audio, podcasting, animations, interactive media and other visual communication approaches, bringing innovation to the Communications, Knowledge and Training Team, ECIS program, customer and end-user.
This position plays an important role in meeting and growing customer and program goals and strategies, telling the story of IT and workforce modernization.
This role is responsible for conceiving, shooting, editing or producing videos or other digital media. This position is instrumental in coordinating, creating, setting and maintaining standards for various types of video and multimedia content across primarily internal integrated communication and marketing activities. The position is responsible for ensuring creative assets are produced to brand and consistent with communication and marketing plans and standards.
These video and multimedia solutions are focused on end-user communications, technical specifications, training and how to modules, manuals, creative marketing campaigns and end-user engagement for prototype, pilot and full deployment of IT initiatives.
The candidate must be able to both lead and work well within project teams, and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables and plans. This position will have direct contact with key customer stakeholder contacts and groups.
This position is part of a multidisciplinary communications, knowledge and training team including technical and content writers, visual and graphic design, knowledge specialist, training specialist, and business analyst including documentation and 508 compliance.
Proactive collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, service delivery and service desk, and web developers. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors.
A customer service mindset and approach, attention to detail, and can-do problem solving attitude are critical.
- Works independently and part of a team conceiving, capturing, editing, producing video of products or processes, setting up and managing location video shoots or audio recordings;
- Digital, print and physical mediums into which multimedia products may be integrated include but are not limited to: presentations, signage, posters and banners, email broadcasts and announcements, intranet and web materials, newsletters, events, videos, animations, diagrams and dashboards, instructional documents, executive summaries, one pagers, white papers and reports;
- Deep and broad experience with a combination of authoring, video and multimedia tools and equipment;
- Reviewing design brief needs, completing research and conceptualizing visuals based on requirements;
- Preparing rough drafts, storyboards and presenting ideas;
- Selecting and using appropriate multimedia, storytelling and interactive design elements to meet the project brief;
- Multimedia design and production with a focus on key messages, content and copy to create integrated and impactful communication products and mediums;
- Analyzing, testing and adjusting multimedia across necessary platforms and responding to feedback;
- Managing and organizing storytelling, video and other assets including selection and editing, databases, storage and usage rights, including securing and organizing appropriate releases and approvals with individuals, Leidos or customer groups;
- Preparing files for final review and production;
- Collaborating with and/or coordinating production processes through in-house resources or outside vendors;
- Advancing communication, video and multimedia processes, guidelines and standard procedures including document management, review and approval processes and quality control;
- Providing input and leadership on video and multimedia technologies, processes and trends to keep work cutting-edge.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in video, multimedia production, design, communications or closely related discipline; Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of experience conceiving, shooting, editing, scheduling and producing video, multimedia, audio and podcasting, still and motion graphics from concept through to final production, implementation and release;
- Hands on experience creating and editing graphic products using industry standard applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud products like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Premiere Pro or Final Cut , and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and other presentation applications;
- Proven video and multimedia experience including portfolio, demonstrating quality and innovation;
- Experience working on initiatives and campaigns within an overall communications strategy;
- Ability and willingness to follow branding guidelines while also creating new design concepts;
- A strong understanding of effective composition, storytelling, narration, and design, identifying and recommending creative approaches to meet project and customer goals;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work flexibly;
- Experience creating and managing multimedia and video schedules to achieve milestone and final deadlines;
- Attention to detail, highly organized, ability to self-manage, check own work and maintain quality;
- Ability to work within a team and independently, working methodically to meet deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion;
- Ability to travel locally required and at times regionally or nationally as requested;
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance;
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework a plus;
- Experience working with agile project management including in Jira and Confluence environments a plus;
- Experience with both Mac and PC;
- Experience in a similar working environment helpful but not required as new thinking, experience and ideas from other industries or work environments is considered a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.