Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
The Leidos Civil IT Cyber Services Portfolio is seeking a PMO Support Administrative Assistant Intern. The internship is twelve weeks, with the option to be extended.
This is a great opportunity for a college student with a Business / IT background to support the Program Management Office, specifically the Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and Program Administrator. This position will require an individual with excellent adaptability, organization, communication skills, as well as an instinctively proactive nature. The ideal candidate would have understanding of many business related fundamentals and well as understanding of many basic information technology concepts and terms.
- Provide daily ad-hoc support to the PMO management staff. Actions Items and daily activities will change based on priorities.
- Assist with executing program management office action items as requested, this may include data entry and analysis, document creation, project/team coordination.
- Coordinate, execute, and track PMO specific tasks and initiatives.
- Assist in maintenance of PMO support staff tracking documents.
- Assist with On-Boarding and Off-Boarding processes.
- Current enrollment in a related Bachelor's granting program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications (Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Outlook).
- Follows established processes and checklists.
- Complete tasks individually and also as team participant.
- Seek guidance when needed but requires moderate guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Have a basic understanding of business management and IT terms.
- Have basic understanding of financial business concepts.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Experience with multiple software applications.
- SharePoint and/or Vector experience.
Clearance Level Required:
None – must have ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:N/A
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.