Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), provides, operates, and assures command and control of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the warfighter, national leaders and other mission and coalition partners across the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team provides 24x7 global DoD information network (DoDIN) operations and incident management support.
We support key missions which include:
- JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) enterprise system, which provides a centralized network suite of equipment that provides a host of network security capabilities.
- Enterprise SATCOM Gateway Services (ESGS), providing 24/7/365 technical and operational support to tactical customers accessing DoD Gateway facilities.
- Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance operations support.•Missile Defense Agency Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communications Network.
- Other key services provided include operational engineering, service activations, performance management, configuration management, administration and security.
This position will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DISN.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of multiple platforms, optical taps, and Linux-based packet capture devices.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network paths, including recommendations on implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to balance the DISN posture and network performance.
- Configuration, performance, availability, and security of the DISN network.
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to Tier 2 or vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining network security devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- High School diploma with 3-5 years of overall related experience.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: routers, MSPP, ODXC, OTS, Promina, NIPR, SIPR.
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management,
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required.
- Currently possess an active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.