Leidos is looking for a Database Administrator with DB2 and SQL Server administration experience to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Database Administrator with DB2 and SQL Server experience is needed to provide development infrastructure support for teams adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will install, operate and maintain DB2 and/or SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools.
The selected candidate will install, operate and maintain DB2 and/or SQL Server instances that support a range of Microsoft and other COTS tools. She/he will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. She/he will be responsible for implementing database administration practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The DB2/SQL Server Database Administrator will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have Database Administrator experience to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution and general administration.
- Must have at least 3 years of database administration experience between DB2 database experience DB2 on Windows or Linux, and SQLServer (2012 and later) on Windows.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile team.
- Experience with both DB2 and SQLServer (2012 and later) products preferred.
- Experience with DB2 on both Linux and Windows a plus.
- Windows SCCM administration experience a plus.
- IBM Enterprise Lifecycle Management administration experience a plus.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.