Leidos has an opening for a Senior Windows Systems Engineer with MDS (Meta Directory Service) with MIM/FIM experience to support the ESA V program. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Account Management Services, Cybersecurity, Cloud technologies and other IT services.
This position will engineer, maintain and administer MIM/FIM environments providing identities to multiple systems. Senior level responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications. Additionally, experience AD, ADFS, Okta, AAD, RSA, LDAP, Cisco Duo and other directory and authentication items is required. Furthermore, this position requires extensive knowledge of the logic and code to facilitate this synchronization, including thousands of lines of VB Code. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the synchronization mentioned above, using the items listed above, and the subsequent upgrades to this system. Other requirements and preferences are secondary. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the ESA V engineering team and the primary work location will be remote. Excellent hands-on knowledge of Windows enterprise management technologies is required for this position.
• Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository;
• Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components;
• Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s); and
• Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
• Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
• Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
• Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
• Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years relevant work experience with Windows Microsoft Meta Directory Service (MDS) Management + MIM/FIM systems engineer with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Hands-on Experience with Microsoft Meta-Directory Service (MMS) Management
• Extensive experience with Identity Management tools MIM and FIM
• Experiencing configuring MIM and FIM environments from bare metal
• Experience with AD, ADFS, Okta, Cisco Duo a plus
• VB Code and Scripting (or other closely related)
• Experience with SQL for database programming
• Strong technical writing skills
• PowerShell Scripting experience
• Experience completing registry backups and modifications
• Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Experience with security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
• Experience with System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule (eastern timezone); also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
• Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• MCSE certification
• Experience with AAD, RSA, LDAP, other directory and authentication items
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
• Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• Past experience with the Department of Justice
• DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
• Network knowledge and experience
• Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and newer
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 and newer
• Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 and newer
• Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
• Symantec End-Point Protection 14 and newer
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.