As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Splunk Systems Engineer
Splunk Systems Engineer responsibilities:
• Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
• Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk
• Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
• Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Provide technical, managerial and administrate direction relative to the problem
• Recommend innovative solutions to management and key stakeholders
• Work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
• Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
• Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
• Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
• Working with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
• Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in software or infrastructure engineering and architecture, or a Master’s degree and 6+ years’ experience.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
• Experience developing in HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, JAVA and Python scripts
o Familiarity with the deployment and design of distributed systems
o Experience with data ingestion, data reduction, and data analysis techniques
• Certified Splunk Administrator
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.