As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Itential Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Itential Subject Matter Expert responsibilities:
• Work on emerging high profile projects and will be considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives.
• Interpret customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions. Identify solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, schedule) as well as establishing baselines.
• Need to have the ability to define clearly both risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. As well as create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators.
• Deploy and maintain Itential in support of critical networks.
• Design & build automations or workflow tasks & transitions via the Itential Workflow Designer.
• Design & develop APIs and IAP adapters using Itential’s Adapter Builder.
• Build server-side business logic and expose via APIs.
• Troubleshoot and fix bugs within existing applications.
• Contribute to the project and sprint planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables
• Produce end-user documentation for all automations
• Ensure that Itential’s network cloud solutions are secure by creating and deploying security instrumentation to strengthen cloud security.
• Translate customer requirements into Agile user stories for development
• Lead code reviews and maintain coding standards
• Ensure that your team's code is tested, robust, and secure
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Conducts or participates system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of a network or system being designed.
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science with 12+ years of experience or a Master’s degree and 10+ years of experience
• Ability to deploy and maintain Itential in support of critical networks.
• Experience with both implementing and building automations or workflows i.e. Tasks and Transitions, as part of the Itential Workflow Designer
• Experience building Itential Automation Platform (IAP) products.
• Experience with complex enterprise IP Networking and/or network device configuration
• Ability to:
o Design & develop products on the Itential Automation Platform (IAP), and load both new and modified IAP packages.
o Identify installed IAP brokers learn their purpose execute their APIs
o Build server-side business logic and expose via APIs.
o Use synchronous programming using callback functions.
o Isolate logic through deconstruction
• Demonstrable experience authoring, creating and consuming modern APIs
• Experience with modular programming.
• Cloud Technologies
• Prior System Integration, Solution Architecture or Professional Services roles
• Experience with Python and Ansible
• Knowledge of Virtualization, ITSM, CI/CD, configuration management, and related automation technologies
• Hands-on experience with integration technologies (APIs) such as REST API, gRPC, SOAP, etc
• Solid understanding of modeling languages such as JSON, YANG, YAML, and XML
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Recently taken, or current with, the Itential training courses.
Experience with basic networking principles/setup
Experienced Customizing deploying and operating Itential in a 24/7/365 safety critical environment
Knowledgeable about building custom Itential Adapter (node.js I believe)
Python + Ansible experience
Agile Development, technical lead, and training (brown bag type) experience
Experience with modern telecommunications systems and networks. A working knowledge of networking hardware/terminology.
Experience with IBM Doors and Cameo Systems Modeler
Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
Experience supporting Requirements Reviews with customer
Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
Familiarity with ServiceNow and Software Defined Networks (SDN)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.