As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Splunk Developer
Splunk Developer responsibilities:
• Develops and customizes Splunk apps
• Perform data transformation using Splunk Query Language
• Implements integration with external systems
• Leverage innovations like ITSI to perform intelligent data monitoring leveraging Machine Learning that can be shared across our platform
• Develop advanced data visualization dashboards leveraging Splunk dashboard apps and custom dashboard apps
• Troubleshoot Splunk platform and application issues, escalate the issue and work with Splunk support to resolve issues
• Build and integrate contextual data into notable events.
• Perform routine health checks, maintenance tasks, update, upgrade, and implement new capabilities
• Build, implement, and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
• Perform data ingestion and data preparation with Splunk
• Build and integrate contextual data into notable events
• Recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
• Develop and provide reports on the usage of information and data
• Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
• Develop complex queries using Splunk Query Language for use in advanced dashboards and custom Splunk applications
• Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
• Experience with relational databases
• Splunk certified developer
• Proven experience with Splunk Enterprise, ES and ITSI experience
• Proven experience developing prototype visualization tools to include requirements definition and execution.
• Experience implementing Splunk Dashboards
• Experience writing Splunk Technical Add-ons
• Experience with implementing Splunk within cloud environments
• Working knowledge of telecommunications and networks
Familiarity with field extraction in Splunk using regular expressions
Experience with basic networking principles/setup
Experience integrating Splunk with various 3rd party product REST APIs using python
Splunk Architect certification
Experience designing and implementing medium to large Splunk instances
Experience with JAVA & NIFI to include the ability to write NIFI processors in JAVA is highly desired.
Experience with tools such as Yellowstone, Splitglass, Blueivy, Tumms, Watchzone
Additional experience with modern telecommunications systems and networks.
Experience with IBM Doors and Cameo Systems Modeler
Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.