Leidos is seeking a Systems Hardware Integrator to support a fast paced and technically challenging systems development program. The candidate should be a results-oriented team player, creative thinker, and problem solver.
The candidate will be responsible for design, development and integration of hardware and software to meet specific mission requirements across various hardware components including servers, network equipment, RF radio systems and test equipment based at Metro Park (MP8) Alexandria, VA. The Systems Hardware Integrator will work with the project team to develop, test, and integrate hardware and software to meet Command and Control (C2) situational awareness requirements. The candidate will also be responsible for the entire systems development lifecycle including design, development, integration, testing, documentation, demonstration and training. Some travel may be required to support an OCONUS customer site.
- Evaluate mission requirements and develop, test, integrate and implement associated solutions
- Research, evaluate, integrate and modify Commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware with COTS and custom software
- Work independently and as part of a project team responsible for installing, configuring, integrating and testing systems hardware and software and related tactical and enterprise IT and communications systems
- Work independently and as part of a team to evaluate and recommend new technologies and to enhance current capabilities of established C2 situational awareness systems
- Responsible for developing test procedures, system documentation and training materials
- Set up and configure dynamic lab test environment including Windows servers and clients, VMWare and LINUX servers, Cisco network routers and switches, radios, Communications Security (COMSEC) and Cross Domain equipment
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on hardware, applications, and operating systems to detect problems
- Provide technical analyses of network challenges and problems and be able to develop/implement technical solutions
- Tests, evaluates, installs developed software during various phases of development
- Work closely with the Leidos Information Assurance team to ensure that all systems are compliant
- Participate in mobile systems applications testing, configuration, administration and support (e.g. Android and iOS)
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and deliverables impacting success of Factory Acceptance Tests
- Contribute towards business development activities as assigned to include developing customer briefings, supporting presentations and demonstrations, and other capture and proposal activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field with 4 to 8 years of experience in systems hardware integration, systems and network configuration of secure IT systems and networks
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with little supervision
- Understanding and ability to apply electronic and communications theory and principles
- Demonstrated experience with integrating COTS hardware with COTS and custom software
- Expertise in Windows, Linux and VMWare environments
- General knowledge of networking (IP Addresses, Gateways, ports, protocols, routers, switches, firewalls)
- Experience in scripting (BASH, PowerShell, Windows command line, etc.)
- Ability to test, evaluate, document and recommend improvements to existing software applications
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with strong attention to detail
- Communicates and collaborates well with internal and client project team members
- Possess current Security+
- Possess U.S. Government Secret security clearance
- Experience working with DoD customers
- Experience with a variety of DoD radio systems
- Experience with a variety of Cross Domain Solutions (CDS)
- Experience with a variety of Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment
- Possess IT certifications (e.g. Windows Server 2019)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Hardware Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.