The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Full Stack DevOps Software Engineer for the Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This role is primarily remote but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
The GSM-O II contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Cloudbees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards using React to provide information to users and support staff.
- Develop Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Develop robotic process automation (RPA) bots using Automation Anywhere.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequent communication and collaboration with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must be willing to obtain Security+ certification or similar DoD 8570 IAT Level II cert
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker (OpenShift experience is a plus).
- Experience with Kafka connector integrations, custom connector development and an understanding of core concepts and working experience with ksqlDB and Kafka Streams.
- Experience developing Kafka system integrations between Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Database development experience, including experience with triggers and stored procedures.
- Report and Dashboard development experience with Kibana.
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Prior Software Engineering Team Lead experience, including experience leading an Agile software development team.
- DOD 8570 IAT level II or III certification such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.