Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Tax Paraprofessional to join our Tax Planning and Tax Audits team located in Reston, VA. Our team works cross functionally within the Leidos organization to gather data for purposes of different tax calculations and we are looking for a detail oriented person to assist with streamlining these processes. This is a great opportunity to learn the business of Leidos and interact with people throughout the company. There is also an opportunity for this position to transition to a tax staff accountant in the future.
- Assist the tax team with data gathering and data processing from sources such as the general ledger, contract database and other financial systems
- Integrate and synthesize data from multiple sources for purposes of various US tax calculations
- Assist with administration of US research tax credit processes including data gathering, managing communication with Leidos personnel, organizing responses and coordinating with outside advisors
- Assist with state audit requests and notices by communicating with tax authorities and drafting written responses
- Assist with foreign sales tax compliance
- Assist with creating Excel models for various transactions / scenarios
- Associates degree with 1-3 years of Tax relevant experience (Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred)
- Desire and ability to learn various data systems and IT systems for purposes of extracting data
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel and use of pivot tables
- Must be detail oriented and possess effective organization skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and handle multiple projects/tasks
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.