Are you interested in working on an exciting Air Force Vanguard program? The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking a System/ Software Integration Lab Design Lead to oversee the system integration engineering team’s development activities that are necessary to successfully complete milestones leading up to the full verification, validation and delivery of the product capabilities.
The System Integration Labs (SILs) are built and maintained both at Leidos and on base at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB).
- Technical oversight for System Integration Laboratory (SIL) build-up, system requirements derivation, requirements management, requirements change management, system design development, system integration planning, system requirements verification, system performance validation, and onsite installation, setup and acceptance testing of systems.
- This position will require close coordination with Project Leadership plus proactive engagement with simulation software, subsystem procurement, hardware development teams, and other teams both inside and outside Leidos, to ensure an effective system engineering communication interface is established and maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience, combined with 12+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of related experience
- Experience with planning and managing Software/ System Integration Lab (SIL) resources to effectively support program needs
- Experience with DoD-based SIL development and operations
- Building and troubleshooting Lab networks
- Active Secret clearance is required
- At least 8 years of experience in software testing and/or software development
- 4+ years Linux and Windows systems
- Familiarity working on programs using the Agile Scrum methodology
- The ability to communicate effectively with both Product Owners and software developers
- Experience in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
- Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
- Working familiarity with Atlassian or Gitlab tools with Agile workflows
- Applied knowledge of the Systems Engineering “V” and Digital Engineering extensions
- Knowledge or experience in lab system design and development
- Previous experience leading a team to standup a new laboratory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Air Force ISR systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to sensors, avionics, communication systems, and processing systems operating in military environments
- Prior experience mentoring junior level team members
- Experience in classification markings and software development
- Experience or familiarity with distributed system architectures
- Experience or familiarity with STANAG 4586
- Experience or interests with UAV operations
- Experience with supporting Help Desks
- The ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance