Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is seeking a Law Clerk 1 to work on-site in support of the Department of Justice in Washington, DC for a Congressional Program that involves in part medical records review. The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we are equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor or Project Manager
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation
- Cite checking and medical records review.
- Requires Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study or, an equivalent level of legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience conducting legal medical records review and ability to summarize medical records.
- Familiarity with medical terms.
- Extensive Cite Checking / Blue Booking Experience
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Highly detail oriented individual.
- Active security clearance, preferred.
- Experience working in litigation databases such as Relativity
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.