The Ann Arbor Michigan location of the Leidos Innovation Center is looking for a machine learning engineer to join our small, highly effective team and start performing on programs immediately. This is an opportunity to use your experience and expertise to conduct applied research, development and transition solutions to our customers’ difficult problems across the machine learning/image processing domain. Your work can help change image and signal data into actionable information.
These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- Support the research, design and development of sensor exploitation systems including object detection and classification.
- Address our customers’ challenging mission requirement by developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Interact with technical and management personal within Leidos and our customers to execute research and development projects, document and report project results and support business capture efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years’ experience in computer vision, deep learning and/or signal processing.
- Strong Python and PyTorch capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers and large groups.
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience integrating machine learning solutions into software useable by others.
- Familiarity with exploiting remote sensing, particularly Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), data.
- Experience developing software in Linux environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.