Leidos Corporate Group is looking for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to join our CIO Services team in Orlando, FL. In this role, you will perform complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications. Assignments, which are in direct support of software development and maintenance teams, include database analysis, security support, design, software use, performance monitoring and tuning, and general technical expertise.
- Review and ensure integrity via standardized support tools. Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Provide comprehensive productive support of all Oracle databases (10g-12c).
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the database systems entrusted in his/her care.
- Identify root cause and resolves issues with little or no supervisions.
- Work directly with infrastructure and application teams.
- Bachelor's degree in technology field and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of DBA experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Hands-on experience with: Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Oracle 12c and container DBs, SQL Tuning, Linux and PL/SQL scripting, database upgrades / patching / monitoring
- Hands-on experience with: Exadata Administration, In-memory 12c implementation, Data replication techniques, Use of ETL/ELT tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.