Leidos is currently seeking a Director of Proposals to join our team. In this role you will manage a team of proposal professionals focused on management of a pipeline of proposals in our Civil Group. Additionally, this role acts as a senior proposal manager for complex and other large proposals. In this capacity, the director will lead in the development of technical, management, past performance, cost, and other proposal volumes for Federal customers. The director will ensure the timely submission of high quality, RFP-compliant and compelling proposals that can win in collaboration with large capture and proposal teams.
The position location is flexible. While the majority of time can be virtual, it is expected that during major proposal efforts, the Director of Proposals will be in the Proposal Center with the proposal team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of Proposal Managers to ensure excellence in proposal submissions of varying size and complexity.
- Provides oversight of production staff, coordinates writing teams, and manages and incorporates teammate/subcontractor contributions.
- Participates in the formulation and review of proposal win strategies/themes, discriminator development, and feature/benefit analysis.
- Responsible for timeliness and quality control of proposals
- Research and gather data, proposal section re-use, and assistance with appropriate use of graphics and other communications techniques. Support development of proposal resource library.
- Resource proposal requests in a timely, effective manner.
- Lead the development of complex, voluminous proposals in collaboration with the Capture Manager and a team of experts in diverse areas
- Develop proposal strategies that results in a high quality, compliant and compelling proposal that will score high and increase win probability.
- Interact effectively, both verbally and in writing, with senior leadership and staff including the capture manager, program/project manager, account manager, and others throughout the development of the proposal, both Pre-RFP and Post RFP.
- Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely submission of the proposal by managing and controlling all proposal activities against the proposal schedule and the RFP's requirements.
- Develop and conduct, structured and organized proposal kick-off meetings that establishes the plan to develop the proposal and the responsibilities and expectations of all proposal authors/writers and contributors.
- Conduct proposal color reviews and/or collaborate with the assigned color review lead or chair in the conduct of color reviews that effectively achieve useful, actionable comments and recommendations from the review teams.
- Effectively communicate and lead technical experts and proposal center staff (e.g., desktop publishing, production, graphics) to achieve the objectives of the proposal effort.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS plus 15+ years of proposal management experience mostly with large, complex opportunities
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing complex, voluminous proposals, including all proposal volumes (technical, solution, cost, and others).
- Demonstrated experience developing and applying proposal management tools including but not limited to the following: proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix, kick-off, storyboards, mockups, color review in-briefs and de-briefs, and others.
- Demonstrated experience applying the rigor of formal proposal processes in the development of proposals.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills, strong English language skills, excellent attention to detail, and good judgement in decision-making.
- APMP certification and/or PMP certification
- Relevant experience outside of proposal management (e.g., project management, capture management, account management) that enriches proposal management capabilities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.