Integrated Missions Operation (IMO) within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager.
The Capture Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team for IMO. Position is based on the east coast (preferably in the D.C. area) and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization.
This position reports to the IMO Business Vice President and is an Operations Level Strategic position accountable for the execution and growth of current key/strategic account areas in our Civil Group..
The Capture Manager is responsible for managing multiple pursuits to ensure excellence in delivery of full life cycle capture activities that includes development of solutions through our Corporate Capture Management Process. This should lead to teaming and price to win strategies for compelling and winning proposals.
Candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Effective management and leadership of capture teams
- Ability to determine customer requirements and evaluation priorities
- Ability to assess competitive landscape and determine optimal teaming partners
- Establish win strategies, value propositions and compelling features to translate to capture and proposal team
- Opportunity management including Pursue/No Pursue and Bib/No Bid decisions
- Effectively communicate strategies and Win Probabilities to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10+ years of related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of designing and executing successful large captures and achieving profitable revenue growth in federal government contracting work.
- Must have reputation for being able to build high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have ten or more years of related recent experience with a track record of closing deals in federal market.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning large federal contracts. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Civil Group, and IMO and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.