Exploration & Mission Support (EMS) within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Sr. Business Development (BD) Manager.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the senior BD leadership team for EMS. Position is based on the east coast (preferably in the D.C. area) and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization.
This position reports to the EMS Business Development Vice President and is an Operations Level Strategic position accountable for the execution and growth of current key/strategic Federal Civilian (FedCiv) customer accounts such as the Department of Commerce.
The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development activities, including customer relationship management, account management, target identification, and development of capture strategies.
- This individual will be responsible for support in growing the EMS FedCiv portfolio to meet strategic objectives
- This individual will partner with the EMS Business Development Vice President to ensure effective identification and collaboration with counterparts across Leidos to ensure best of breed solutions are brought forward to customers and that EMS is appropriately represented for strategic, large-scale campaigns in the FedCiv market.
- This position advises the EMS Business Development Vice President on call plans for key customers and programs and provides additional leadership and expertise in other new business matters including: strategic planning, competitive intelligence and market analysis.
- Candidate will participate in senior line and business development pipeline-pursuit reviews to ensure solid value propositions, win strategies, call plans, etc., are completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track-record of executing successful large-scale Business Development activities in federal government contracting work.
- Must have reputation for being able to build high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have ten or more years of related recent experience with a track-record of closing deals with FedCiv customers.
- A demonstrated, sustained ability and reputation of winning complex captures with values over $100M is essential. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and full array of opportunity types (re-competes, new business, and takeaways).
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Civil Group, and EMS and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.