Leidos' Security Detection and Automation (SD&A) operation is seeking an IT / Sys Admin for our Vista, CA office. This individual will be a contributing member of the Engineering team providing support for IT related issues as well as software product development activities. Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection systems for the Ports and Borders division of the SD&A Business Unit. Interact with Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop systems that are consistent with customer requirements.
This individual’s primary focus will be on proactively identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving IT/Sys Admin related issues as related to computers in our products, at our customer sites, and P&B Engineering workstations and P&B servers. This includes disaster recovery planning, maintaining IT hardware and software, handling emergencies, coordinating maintenance downtime, etc. for critical systems that affect the entirety of our Vista facility.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- System administration and tool support for the usage of tools and resources such as Azure DevOps, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), PDM Works, operating system installs, disaster recovery, TCP/UDP networking, etc.
- Senior-level understanding and implementation of IT/Sys Admin related requirements for the computers/operating systems in our products such as implementing scripts enabling customer required security lock down procedures, security hardening, group polices, etc. and troubleshooting related issues.
- Work across multiple technical areas, including hardware, software, and networking, to manage servers.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties as part of disaster recovery and server maintenance responsibilities
- Influence team leaders within Vista facility and CIO regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Assist in the qualification of new computers when called upon (validating new laptops to resolve computer platform obsolescence), acquiring and configuring hardware device drivers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer networking, or similar, with 8-12 years of directly relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server, Windows drivers and peripherals, TCP & UDP Networks, Hyper-V (preferred) or other virtualization technology.
- Working knowledge and experience in the following:
- Identify, Diagnose, and resolve IT related issues for the P&B Engineering Group users of the network, personal computer, servers, and software tools. In some cases this will require that additional support is requested and coordinated with the Leidos IT support organization. Resolve networking related issues as they arise.
- Timely repair of PC and server computer equipment, operating systems, and software.
- Become intimately familiar and ensure compliance with customer IT related product requirements as related to computer lock-down, etc.
- Assist functional groups as needed for continuous improvement activities such as the migration to newer versions of TFS and/or SharePoint. In some cases this will require the generation of scripts and/or generation of additional software tools.
- Assist in the configuration and ordering of new computer equipment.
- Must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a cross-functional development team environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts, including project and division leadership.
TFS/Azure Devops, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Git, NuGet, Cloud environments, Docker, Kubernetes, Active Directory, and designing, documenting, implementing, and troubleshooting networks including fiber, switches (layer-2 & layer-3), firewalls, and routers.
Travel: Must be willing to travel abroad. If travel is necessary, typically will be less than 5%.
Location: Office is located in Vista, CA. Local candidates are preferred. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.