The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Java Developer with Angular in Baltimore, MD.
The Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review)
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Full-stack software development experience with Java and JEE technologies with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions.
- Hands-on experience with Angular 2.0 or higher
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture.
- Experience in coding "responsive" web pages with an understanding of the cross-browser limitations and browser compliance standards.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, and WebSphere.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
Day to Day Duties
- Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 12 years of relevant professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.