Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a motivated and innovative individual to join our Operational Accounting team. The Accountant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Prepare monthly close entries, ensuring that the JE is properly supported for audit purposes and properly recorded in the ledger.
- Support Operational Accounting in period close activities, which includes preparing balance sheet reconciliations and accrual entries.
- Possess the skills to identify and analyze issues, communicate upward and involve Leads/Managers (if needed), and hold meetings with stakeholders to resolve matters in a timely manner.
- Become familiar with accounting policies to ensure compliance.
- Willingness to volunteer for new projects or tasks that are required as issues arise.
- Willingness to train new team members or customers from other departments on various topics related to journal entry preparation.
We are looking for someone who can support this role from Tucson - AZ, Phoenix - AZ, or Oak Ridge - TN with partial telecommute.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 2 to 4 years of accounting experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of prior experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
- Past experience with transformation projects such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Power BI dashboards, SQL reports, and other automation software is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.