The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Administrative Specialist to support the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) in Atlanta, GA.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide administrative support to assist in operating and maintaining the SNS national stockpiled inventory. In this mission we assist in ensuring the SNS inventory is ready for deployment, providing the ability to respond 24 x 7 in an emergency. The successful candidate will provide administrative support, travel management, and and calendar management for the branch chief in support of program.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for the branch/team members using the agency’s travel system. In addition, vendor shall:
- Prepare travel orders, memos, travel vouchers, and support documentation for approval and disbursement of funds with minimal errors and in the timeframe established by the branch.
- Performance Standard – ensure travel documents processed within 72 hours of receipt.
- Track travel trips and expenses.
- Input travel data to the division travel worksheet that provides travel information and tracking for branch and division monitoring.
- Monitor branch/team conference rooms and resolve conflicts in the conference room schedules.
- Serve as the primary mail clerk for the branch/team and is responsible for ensuring mail sorted and distributed properly.
- Maintain office supplies and assist in purchasing actions to support branch activities.
- Purchase Request Form (1350) shall be used or purchase request shall be entered in online purchase request system MACCS 1350.
- Process requests for purchases, telecommunications service, and training requests
- Follow branch procedures, coordinate with division staff to in-process new employees, and out-process departing employees.
- Monitor branch equipment, requesting service and ordering supplies for printers, fax machines, copiers, etc., as required.
- Escort visitors as required.
- Maintain files according to branch procedures and agency guidelines.
- Locate information from file or other sources for recurring internal reports and documents.
- Maintain calendars/schedules as needed.
- Maintain Occupant Evacuation rosters for branch members for use by building evacuation team during emergencies
- Draft briefs, letters and memos after receiving general instructions on the subject matter when correspondence relates to non-technical, administrative matters such as memos about deadlines or requirements to submit reports.
- Publish and maintain branch administrative procedures as guidelines for branch employees to conduct regular administrative tasks, including but not limited to, requesting travel, requesting training, requesting office supplies or other purchases, requesting leave, etc.
- Be responsible for general facilities issues and shall submit work orders as required.
- Ensure proper handling of all personally identifiable information (PII) to protect branch members from identify theft.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to be on-call 24 hour/7 days a week. Must be able to respond to mission alerts within 15 minutes with a recall of 90 minutes to report to designated location. Must carry a cell phone at all times.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- CONCUR Travel experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.