Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a Trainer to support our recently awarded SBNAB contract. This position provides technical expertise to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). To be successful in this role, you must have experience in coordinating multiple training programs, conducting live training, including complex IT technical training and utilizing multiple training techniques and tools with various media student skill levels and class sizes.
Location: This position will work out of the Adelphi, MD location.
Clearance: You must hold an active DoD Secret clearance to qualify.
• Maintain required training records (IT, IAT and CE certifications)
• Develop, implement, and maintain a formal training curriculum that will prepare a DoD compliant cyber analyst with an iterative academic pathway to skillset competence in CSSP
• Identify training needs by evaluating users’ strengths and weaknesses.
• Build training plans and programs and prepare teaching plans for various environments.
• Formulate training outlines and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods.
• Develop and/or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
• Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
• Deliver training courses, visual aids, and other educational materials.
• Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into staff work behavior.
• Keep well-informed of the newest functions and features in the web application.
• Evaluate ongoing features and functions in the application to ensure that they are reflected in the training plan.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science and 4+ years or Masters with 2+ years of experience as a training manager and/or an instructor for User Interface (UI)-related tools and/or systems.
• Must hold active DoD Secret clearance
• Demonstrates familiarity with DoD CSSP operations and DOD 8570 certifications
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team.
• Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of users, including senior managers.
• Able to design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology.
• Possesses extensive knowledge of instructional design and learning principles.
• Demonstrates the ability to master the full training cycle.
• Possesses adequate knowledge of learning management software.
• Demonstrates familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
• Possesses a strong, self-motivated desire to learn new training techniques, tools, and frameworks.
• Able to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Possesses a strong working knowledge of MS Office products, especially PowerPoint.
• Possess DoD 8570 certification
• Able to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
• Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a DoD setting
• Familiar with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML).
• Understand Agile software development process fundamentals.
• Familiar with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, etc.).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.