Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a motivated, experienced, and innovative individual to join our Operational Accounting team. In this role, you will help provide leadership and guidance to the Corporate and Group Operations team regarding Accounting matter.
Please note that this is a partial telecommute position (you are still expected to work onsite 3 days per week from Oak Ridge - TN, Phoenix - AZ, or Tucson - AZ).
- Preparing and approving journal entries, and ensuring that the JE is properly supported for audit purposes and properly recorded in the ledger.
- Support Operational Accounting in period close activities, which includes preparing balance sheet reconciliations and accrual entries.
- Become an accrual matter expert to help support the team and perform administrative duties such as, assignment updates, maintaining Accrual Processing Tool, and hosting trainings
- Provide fluctuation analysis and explanations for movements in accounts being managed
- Possess the skills to identify and analyze issues, communicate upward and involve Leads/Managers (if needed), and hold meetings with stakeholders to resolve matters in a timely manner.
- Ability to prepare presentations and provide trainings to a large audience base, and executive leadership if needed, leading functional areas as assigned and supporting other accounting activities as required.
- Become familiar with accounting policies to ensure compliance.
- Willingness to volunteer and seek out projects and challenges that will help our customers internally and externally, and also help mitigate risks to Leidos.
- Ability to keep a pulse on team morale and team workload, communicating upwards if needed when issues arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4 to 8 years of prior Accounting experience or Master’s degree with 2 to 6 years of prior accounting experience.
- Demonstrated prior and future capabilities to work overtime to ensure team deliverables are met during surge periods
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.