Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and health industries. Leidos is seeking a part-time, mid-level Word Processor to support environmental projects.
The successful candidate will join a team of scientists supporting Federal, State, and commercial customers in environmental investigation, cleanup, and stewardship of properties (e.g., current and former military bases, NASA facilities) and other environmental missions (e.g., asbestos and lead-based paint abatement and dune erosion evaluation).
Location: This position can be remote, however, selected candidate must be able to provide real-time communication during typical EST business hours. Travel to the Reston, VA office may be required a couple times a year.
Schedule: This position will work 20 to 24 hours per week Monday through Thursday.
- Responsible for formatting documents and producing draft and final documentation suitable for publication.
- Work from draft, edited, or previously typed material to record and update required documentation.
- Enter corrections and revisions; insert figures and tables from other formats; create/update styles; adjust spacing and formatting; and standardize headings, margins, and indentations.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 2+ years of experience working with word processing software and applying software functions to prepare documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word with ability to use intermediate and advanced program features.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat with ability to create bookmarks and combine multiple pdfs into one pdf.
- Must be able to work closely with editors and project managers, but must also be able to work independently and manage multiple word processing projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with a team, communicate frequently, pay attention to detail, and manage time efficiently.
- Maintain record of work accomplished and appropriately file documents to the archives when completed.
- Associate’s Degree is highly desirable.
- Familiar with PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Pay Range:Pay Range $29,900.00 - $46,000.00 - $62,100.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.