Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT).
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire an IT Specialist in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. The Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will assist information engineers in coding, testing, implementation, and documentation projects. The IT Specialist will also conceptualize, design, construct, test, and implement portions of business and technical Information Technology (IT) solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Interact with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
- Define scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Collect, identify, define, and organize detailed user and IT requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables with the customer.
- Participate in business and technical IT solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement, and conversions.
- Apply metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria.
- Prepare system documentation.
- Establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents.
- Analyze, identify and resolve business and or technical problems using appropriate tools.
- Participate in special studies and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 4 Years of Experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III certification
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and an Operating System (OS)/Application certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA Routing and Switching)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.