The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is currently seeking a talented of GIS developer supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Data Warehouse (HDW) in Bethesda, MD.
As the Nation’s public health agency, HRSA’s mission is to provide direct and indirect resources to administer to the health care needs of the medically under-served in the United States. In order to do so, HRSA requires extensive data on population, income, existing health care resources, the health workforce, as well as various other types of contextual data. Data are stored in the HDW repository and published to the HRSA intranet and the internet via numerous web applications, business intelligence dashboards, mobile applications, data services, and other mechanisms.
The candidate will serve as a GIS developer in a team environment, implementing web applications using ESRI technologies such as ESRI World Geocoding Service, ArcGIS Portal, or ArcGIS Online. The candidate must have excellent technical skills to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and good communication and interpersonal skills to work in a customer-focused team environment. Candidate will be a member of an experienced project team.
- Participate in daily scrum to provide development status updates.
- Work with product owner on business and functional requirements.
- Develop code and utilize the following tools: ArcGIS Portal federated ArcGIS Server, managing and publishing map/feature services, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Online.
- Coordinate with testers and solution architect on solution design and security related tasks.
- Develop web-based mapping applications with ESRI ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS Online and GIS database design/management.
- Use ArcGIS Platform, ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS Online, Python geoprocessing scripts and similar tools, and loading the data into ArcSDE for SQL Server.
- Advanced knowledge of an enterprise geodatabase and relational database management systems including, but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcSDE, Python, and SQL Server.
- Utilize ArcGIS server load balance/performance tuning.
- Manage ArcGIS server/portal administration.
- Create and consuming ArcGIS geoprocessing tools.
- Work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to identify and understand requirements.
- Produce technical documentation such as designs, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, decision trees, and data dictionaries
Minimum of Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related technical field and 6+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience).
- 4-6 years of experience of developing web-based mapping applications with ESRI ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS Online and GIS database design/management;
- Experience with ArcGIS Platform, ArcGIS Portal/ArcGIS Online, Python geoprocessing scripts and similar tools, and loading the data into ArcSDE for SQL Server;
- Advanced knowledge of an enterprise geodatabase and relational database management systems including, but not limited to ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcSDE, Python, and SQL Server;
- Experience with ArcGIS server load balance/performance tuning;
- Experience with ArcGIS server/portal administration;
- Experience with ArcGIS Portal federated ArcGIS Server, managing and publishing map/feature services;
- Experience with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder;
- Experience with ArcGIS Online;
- Experience with creating and consuming ArcGIS geoprocessing tools;
- Experience with SQL geometry is a plus;
- Experience with CMMI Level-4 processes a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team;
- Ability to manage workload within multiple projects, delivering results within agreed deadlines;
- Proactively demonstrate new ideas and innovation.
U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and the ability to pass a background investigation is required. Candidates will be required to sign and adhere to data use agreements on an annual basis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.