Leidos has an opening for a Testing Engineer in support of Army Geospatial Center’s Combat Terrain Information Systems ISRSC Program in Alexandria, Va.
Are you interested in being an important member on a dynamic team of developers, engineers and analysts dedicated to building new capabilities for Leidos and its customers? The Airborne Mission Operations division is seeking a Testing Engineer to support the Army Geospatial Center’s Instrument Set, Reconnaissance and Surveying Capabilities (ISRSC) Program. Commonly known as ‘ENFIRE,’ the candidate will provide on-going hardware and software testing and integration support for the ISRSC engineer surveying set used by Army Engineers to collect information during reconnaissance missions. Candidate must possess strong hardware and software (HW/SW) testing skillsets to develop and perform unit, automated, and manual testing of the ISRSC application and its peripheral devices. The candidate will also be required to conduct, at a minimum, semi-annual HW/SW technical requirements reviews of new and emerging COTS technologies and provide findings and recommendations to the government for review. Candidate will work alongside team of SW developers in an Agile environment that include daily standups, sprint meetings, and quarterly demos to the customer of ISRSC kit improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or equivalent military training and 10 years’ experience in a related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Thorough background and understanding of HW/SW testing and development of testing methodologies, with an ability to communicate and report formal testing results to SW development team and customer.
- Background in:
- Performing day to day HW/SW testing requirements (unit/automated/manual)
- Ability to work with and communicate testing results with software development team
- Conducting HW/SW Analysis of Alternatives (AoA’s)
- Conducting large scale hardware studies
- Developing automated testing procedures for .NET based applications
- Developing test plans and technical reports
- Documentation standards
- Configuration management
- DoD software policies
- DoD test and evaluation requirements
- Ability to work in agile environment
- Minimum Secret clearance required with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Experience with the Army’s ISRSC engineering recon system
- Experience with recon and survey grade measurement collection technologies preferred
- Experience working for the DoD and/or US Army
- GIS experience; experience with ESRI related technologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.