Leidos has an opening for a Software Developer in support of Army Geospatial Center’s Combat Terrain Information Systems ISRSC Program in Alexandria, VA.
Are you interested in being an important member on a dynamic team of developers, engineers and analysts dedicated to building new capabilities for Leidos and its customers? The High Resolution ISR Systems division is seeking a Software Developer to support the Army Geospatial Center’s Instrument Set, Reconnaissance and Surveying Capabilities Program. Commonly known as ‘ENFIRE,’ the candidate will work as a Lead to develop and sustain the ENFIRE engineer surveying application used by Army Engineers to collect data during reconnaissance missions. Candidate must possess strong object oriented principles with a strong aptitude and desire to code using OO and ATAK architecture. Must have an ability to work front and back end development using modern .NET technologies, with experience integrating COTS and GOTS hardware and software interfaces into various forms of software application. Experience with ESRI GIS technologies preferred. Candidate will work with a team of developers and testers in an Agile environment that include daily standups, sprint meetings, and quarterly demos to the customer of software improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or equivalent military training and 10 years’ experience in a related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Thorough understanding software engineering and programming for large computer and minicomputer and microprocessor systems supporting broad base of applications.
- Background in:
- Strong object oriented principles
- Experience working with object oriented languages (java, C#, C++, etc)
- Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK) plugin architecture development
- Leading a team of software developers and testers
- Real-time operating systems, distributed systems, modeling and simulation
- Database design and management, and resource utilization assessment
- Ability to work in agile environment
- Requirements analysis, design, and coding methodologies
- Documentation standards
- Configuration management
- DoD software policies
- DoD test and evaluation requirements
- Minimum Secret clearance required, with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Experience in C# .NET
- Experience with WPF, or other data binding UI language
- GIS experience; experience with ESRI related technologies
- Application (i.e. desktop) specific experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.