The Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for a Logistician / Technical Writer with extensive technical writing experience in a broad-spectrum of applications to include the development of technical manuals, IETMs, and training materials. In this role, he/she will coordinate cross-functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required. Provide support to functional areas including task analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. This position will be located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into fieldable, Soldier-led documentation.
• Develop logistics documentation: Technical Manuals (TM), IETMs, Training Support Packages (TSP), Logistics Management Information (LMI) Supportability Requirements Analysis (SRA), Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transpiration (PHS&T) and Modification Work Orders (MWOs) that validate customer driven requirements are met
• Publication validation, verification, and Logistics Demonstration (LD) process development and support
• Impact project teammates regarding design, process and applications
• Assist in the development of documentation for Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CDRLs)
• Develop Operator, Maintenance, and Administrator manuals
• Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders and end users as well as with the internal and external customer and leadership
• Familiar with Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of logistics activities.
• Experience writing Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) in XML.
• Experience writing Technical Manuals for the US Armed Forces
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
• Experience with Arbor Text
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Development of training materials, technical manuals, and logistics support documentation
• Technical manual editing, composition, production, and delivery in accordance with specifications, standards, and related requirements
• Experience with US Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
• Army Instructor Basic Course or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.