The QRC AISR Division of the Airborne Solutions Organization has an immediate opening in our Bridgewater, VA location. The incumbent for this position will lead the systems engineering team while working on state of the art systems for our government clients.
- Collaborate with vendors and government agencies.
- Manage and coordinate various aircraft integration efforts.
- Perform sensor system startup function checks and operational analysis.
- Manage, assess and provide quick reaction process implementation to ensure proper tool control, FOD and consumable accountability procedures are adhered to throughout the build process.
- Submission and tracking of engineering documentation by analyzing drawings, assessing required changes and submitting Problem Reports as required.
- Responsible for supporting the build and tests of systems and subsystems.
- Responsible for engineering support including: field maintenance of aircraft and ground station systems, research and development, design, building, assembling, modifying and/or repairing prototypes, and full lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Performs moderately complex duties in administering network and operating systems, including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting assigned devices and software.
- Services airborne imaging sensors and systems infrastructure, as well as, depot level assembly, integration and testing of components.
- Provides preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Ensuring teams follow established configuration management, safety, and quality assurance processes.
- BS and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degrees.
- Previous experience with integrating, testing, and trouble-shooting AISR equipment
- Familiarity with DCMA aircraft operation requirements
- Previous management experience
- Ability to create and interpret technical drawings
- Previous experience with asset management systems and configuration management processes
- Previous experience interacting directly with vendors and government agencies
- Current experience with DOD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Familiarity with AS9100D
- Experience supporting AISR platforms in austere environments
- Previous experience collecting, maintaining, organizing, and compiling technical data for the aircraft, ASE and communications systems and lifecycle management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) such as, but not limited to ACU6100-2, PRC-117F/G, ARC-210, APX-119, APR-39, AAR-47/57A and ALE-47 systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.