Power Consultant Project Manager – Transaction Services
Leidos is currently seeking a Power Consultant Project Manager with power generation independent engineering experience to join Energy & Infrastructure Consulting practice within our Energy Solutions Operation.
The Power Consultant Project Manager will report to Power Transactions Services Section leadership, and will be part of a team that provides a variety of technical consulting services to leading energy-related organizations including energy development companies and financial institutions.
Power Consultant Project Manager Responsibilities include:
• Managing independent engineering and owner’s advisory engagements for development stage and operating power generation projects. Typically, a Project Manager will manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Contributing, as directed by Power Transaction Services leadership, to account management/client management and business development activities to support the existing independent engineering and owner’s advisory consulting practices.
• Contributing to the creation of high quality work products (ex. Independent Engineer’s Reports) that financial institutions and other entities rely upon to make investment decisions.
• Development of plans and proposals that are responsive to client needs.
• Ensuring consulting projects stay within all budget, schedule, and performance requirements.
• Managing teams of engineers and consultants responsible for work product, including Independent Engineer’s Reports.
• Up to 25 percent travel may be required, mostly domestic.
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science Engineering degree and minimum of 12 years of experience in a broad range of independent engineering assignments, and/or related business functions including: consulting for lenders, funds, utilities, and independent developers. A Masters with 10 years of experience will also be considered.
• Experience in the evaluation of electric power generation facilities, including thermal (combustion turbine, solid-fuel), renewable (solar, wind), hydroelectric, energy storage and/or other power generation technologies.
• Experience with evaluation of commercial risks in construction, procurement, operating and services contracts.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. MBA or advanced engineering degree preferred.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment working with a multi-disciplinary consulting team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Management Consulting
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.