The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a senior communications manager. This exciting opportunity will provide internal and employee communications support for the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the SMIT contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core IT management and support of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) and the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. The program team delivers IT services to more than 650,000 sailors, Marines and civilian professionals at more than 1,200 sites globally.
Reporting to the director of strategic communications for Navy SMIT, this senior manager will develop and implement internal and employee communications for the SMIT program and assist in other external/client communications and marketing activities related to the program. This position is able to be performed virtually, with willingness to travel when necessary.
- In partnership with the program leadership, develops and implements communications strategies related to program-wide activities and updates across all appropriate channels, including the program intranet, all-hands meetings and newsletters.
- Works with program leadership to strengthen program culture and employee engagement.
- Provides communication counsel, writing and editing for internal and employee communications.
- Writes, edits or produces clear, concise and engaging communications that provide line of sight from program leadership through the program office and gives employees the information they need for top performance and client delivery.
- Ensures the right messaging is delivered to employees and stakeholders.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of communication strategies and tactics for continuous improvement, measured by qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Works under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing
- demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Ability to work some nights and weekends may be
- Participates in meetings to gather and synthesize information and identify opportunities to develop
- and/or improve communications.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Communications, Marketing, English or Political Science) and 8+ years work experience tied to communications, marketing, and media relations.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills including proficiency in AP style and grammar.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in distributed teams and collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Creativity and comfort utilizing technology for communications including digital and video communication.
- Prior Navy or Marine Corps experience, including Department of Defense public affairs practices
- Experience working for or with government contractors and/or technology solutions providers
- Significant knowledge of corporate communications best practices
- Familiarity with web conferencing tools and platforms
- Experience using collaborative and workflow management software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.