Leidos is seeking an experienced Public Health Communications and Marketing Lead who is well-versed in government contracting environment. Provides multi-functional program support to current projects as well as marketing, communications and bid/proposal support.
If not local to the Atlanta area, would need to travel to the Atlanta area periodically.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the development and communication of strategic objectives and plans within the team.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all customers, gaining feedback and working closely with the operations leadership to support program activities – this includes existing projects and new business initiatives.
- Will participate and lead focused collaboration sessions that align to current project, new business pursuits and proposal development.
- Provides technical writing support to both existing program initiatives and new business pursuits that will include: Proposal Writing, White Paper development, RFI Responses and general communications requests
- Coordinating with program subject matter experts to manage technical, management, and past performance proposal volumes on major proposals
- Provides technical writing support to existing projects that may include training material and other project specific material or public education materials.
- Provides support to analyzing legislation and policy materials and advising program leadership on impact to customers served.
- Support writing, editing and development of reports that are submitted for Congressional briefings, proposals, annual reports, congressional budget justifications, program fact sheets, performance summaries, data calls, and public education materials.
- Supports program special projects
- Strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external stakeholders
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or
- Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Desired, public health focused degree
- Demonstrated technical writing experience that includes proposal responses, white papers, capabilities statements and other general communications in support of a program.
- Public Health knowledge and experience, particularly in support of HHS and its operating divisions such as CDC, ASPR, NIH, FDA and HRSA
- Demonstrated experience for oral and written communications with all levels of management for planning and control of support activities
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Shipley-training desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.