Are you interested in improving and shaping the delivery of IT projects? Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago. We’re seeking a Project Manager who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in running large information technology projects in various customer businesses areas at an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate as a Sr. Project Controller. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client.
Project Controller will be the point person for all accounting and finance needs at a project level. Individual will support project execution strategies by evaluating estimates and project costs, ongoing capital work, data reporting/analysis for management, budgeting, and forecasting while ensuring alignment with our client’s Project Delivery Standards. Additionally, the Project Controller will provide analytical expertise to support project and portfolio management.
This position interfaces directly with Project Managers and his/her PMO Leadership, providing trusted insight into the financial health of a project.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide financial guidance to ensure financial situations are transparent to the senior management and core project team, which includes status updates during matrix meetings
- Responsible for maintaining the cost model for IT projects
- Responsible for financial tasks related to change requests
- Performs property accounting functions
- Performs tasks related to financial SOX controls
- Assist with contingency management process
- Work with Scheduler to ensure accurate cost loaded into the schedules
- Partner with Finance on corrections
- Supports and reviews all accruals and forecast reports for the project
- Prepares cash flow estimates in support of monthly PE processes
- Prepare annual project budgets and monthly project forecasts
- Analyze cost drivers and monthly performance of project compared to forecast and budget
- Partner with project manager and leads in preparation for the project’s estimate-at-completion (EAC)
- Challenge the project’s estimate-to-complete by following company procedures and ensuring risk and opportunities are managed to optimize the project financial targets
- Oversee financial project milestones
- Develop the Financial Section of the monthly operational review package
- Forecast weekly project cash inflows and outflows
- Recommend opportunities for process improvement and simplification
- Target high risk project costs and balance sheet accounts for periodic testing and project specific tracking
- Support internal and external project audits as needed
- Assist Project Team in developing/reviewing/implementing cost corrective actions & recovery plans
- Interfaces with project team(s) as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Provides day-to-day detailed monitoring and analysis of project budgets and actuals
- Participates as member of project/program audits and prepares internal corrective action plans
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline. High school diploma with an additional 4 years experience working with cost loaded schedules may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8+ years of working in a controller capacity
- Experience working with MS Project and Project Web Access (PWA) or another similar SharePoint tool
- High degree of computer literacy including advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and the remainder of the MS Office suite
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Capacity to adapt to changing work priorities
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Complex Problem Solving -- identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Work independently and follows through on assignments with minimal direction while keeping the team informed
- Possess a mastery of basic/generic data skills (tools & concepts)
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
- Primavera P6 certification desirable (preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.