The Leidos Innovations Center currently has an opening for a Technical Writer to support the Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your talents and experience to help the Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) Team’s mission to develop the autonomy core system for the Skyborg program. You will participate in the development of all technical documentation for the release of the technology data package that is required for each quarterly release, as well as the design and development of materials generated during program execution. This position will require a technical understanding of the overall system as well as the ability to communicate the technical information.
The Technical Writer will:
- Create and edit internal and external process documentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to write clear, concise, and instructive prose.
- Demonstrate the ability to proactively investigate and piece together information to create coherent, useful documentation to support end users.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate and create documentation on internal tool usage and operational policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively write for different audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate content management skills - able to identify when documentation needs to be updated based on new project developments
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as contract/program requirements dictate.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Aeronautical Science, or related field and 2-4 years of experience or Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Technical writing experience
- Experience formatting and editing documents using Microsoft Office products
- Two years of relevant work experience in software development
- U.S. Citizenship
- Eligible for DoD Secret clearance
- Four years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience writing technical materials for software-related projects
- Relevant experience writing UAS operations and training manuals
- Relevant experience writing software design documents
- Configuration/Data management experience
- Linux, C++, Python, Bash, Powershell, Wireshark, Containerization, and/or Virtualization experience
- Current DoD Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.