The Training and Exercise Consultant will serve as the subject matter expert and advisor to Leidos on preparedness training objectives, needs, and concerns. The Training and Exercise Consultant may be require to represent Leidos to senior FEMA leadership, State and Local senior leadership, and other senior government officials on matters concerning the preparedness and readiness of State and Local communities.
The Training and Exercise Consultant will perform the following duties:
- Act as a Liaison to the CDP providing subject matter expertise (SME) for the development of training and exercise programs to meet State and Local jurisdiction’s future training and exercise needs.
- Provide SME guidance to Leidos and the CDP on the U.S. National Strategic Objectives and Policies.
- Provide SME guidance on First Responder and First Receiver training and exercise development supporting the National Response Framework, FEMA national planning scenarios, National Special Security Events, and support to civil authorities.
- Assist in the development of legislation for improving Emergency Services Readiness for State and Local jurisdictions.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with State and Local jurisdictional leadership to further the training mission at CDP.
- Assist in development of strategies for emergency preparedness training and exercise with State and Local Emergency Management offices and other supporting Federal and State agencies.
The Training and Exercise Consultant must have the following qualifications:
- Master’s in Operations Management, Emergency Management, or an emergency response related field.
- 20 + years of experience in an emergency response field(s).
- Managing a National-level training and exercise operations program.
- Developed and execution of operational response plans for National-level all hazards, man-made, national disaster, or CBRNE.
- Significant experience in conducting and coordinating preparedness training and exercise for State and Local jurisdiction.
- Experience advising Congressional Members, State and Local elected official on the state of emergency preparedness of responders and receivers.
- Experience or extensive knowledge of Defense Support to Civil Authorities.
- Experience working with Senior Government Leadership at the Agency Level regarding emergency preparedness training.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.