Work remotely and have a work life balance here at Leidos. This is an excellent opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence for cybersecurity. The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking a Cyber Research Scientist in Artificial Intelligence for a position within the Leidos Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) Accelerator. You will help to automate advanced AI/ML techniques for cyber network defense, including: anomaly detection and insider threat detection, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing for perimeter, mid-point and end-point defense. You will have the ability to work remotely with a diverse and geographically distributed team of AI/ML and cybersecurity experts on modern Cyber-AI problems.
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
• Hands-on research and development of analytics for anomaly detection and insider threat detection, and develop AI/ML models for end-point cybersecurity defense.
• Work with a team of researchers within the Leidos AI/ML Accelerator developing and delivering Cyber-AI solutions in a range of technology areas.
• Expand and enhance Cyber-AI strategy for a $10B+ Fortune 500 company with major markets in Defense, Intelligence, Civil, and Health.
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, such as: data science, applied mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering with 10-12 years of cybersecurity or cyber-centric AI/ML experience within major programs in industry, academia, or government.
• The ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
• Experience with managing and analyzing Antivirus, cloud, and endpoint security software.
• Experience with many areas of AI/ML and related key technical disciplines including: structured and unstructured data, supervised and unsupervised learning.
• Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field.
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.)
• The ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
• Experience in automating advanced techniques for malware analysis, reverse engineering, and penetration testing.
• Experience with developing AI/ML solutions for massive (PB+) datasets, and secured data (PHI, classified data, etc.).
• Proven ability to design, articulate, and deliver complex cyber solutions that: are scalable, robust, secure, and resilient and deliver clear, measurable value to program owners and end users.
• Experience with commercial and Open Source Cyber / AI / ML / Data Science platforms.
• Hands-on experience with a broad range of current deep learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm).
• Experience with and ability to formulate solutions using one or more of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Reinforcement Learning, Logistic Regression, Random Forest, Linear Discriminant Analysis.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.