Do you enjoy building expertise and tackling a variety of project management tasks each day? Do you like acting as a trusted resource and building partnerships with multiple functions? Do you get excited about proactively working to find solutions to problems and implementing those solutions?
Leidos is seeking a tenacious, self-starting Strategic Resource Manager to support its Power Delivery Services Division. Location is flexible, 100% telework.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for helping us manage tasks and projects so that we meet the aggressive hiring goals for our expanding programs. You will report directly to the Human Resources Director and work closely with our program, Talent Acquisition, HR, and leadership teams to understand ongoing needs, ensure we have adequate and qualified staff, create solutions for hiring, build a strong candidate sourcing pool, and liaison with hiring managers and recruiters.
Specifically, you will….
- Work with hiring managers to determine and coordinate their current and long-term staffing needs (e.g., forecast staffing needs, develop plans, ensure adequate pipeline of applicants to fill current positions).
- Manage the staff augmentation process, to ensure outside agencies are utilized appropriately and compliantly, in conjunction with the TA Lead.
- Assist hiring managers as needed with identifying solutions to staffing challenges.
- Ensure requisition template is accurate and complete prior to submitting to recruiter
- Identify and track candidates/status for “PDS hot list”-10 most critical positions (weekly update to PDS leadership)
- Track reasons candidates are declining our offers and develop solutions
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment (e.g., identify trends and implement preventative solutions, identify cross-charging opportunities).
- Prepare metrics and staffing trends for monthly and award fee reports.
In terms of requirements….
- Bachelor's degree required
- Familiar with managing multiple projects and tasks successfully and to completion
- Familiar with building talent strategies and plans to identify and execute against future talent needs, including developing reports and metrics
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience in project and task management
- Knowledgeable with recruiting/talent acquisition in a large organization
- Must have proven business partnering skills and innovative capabilities in order to deliver amazing results in a changing and fast-moving environment
- Ability to assess talent within and outside their current organization
- Must possess strong business acumen, able to quickly learn the business and make talent decisions
- Able to comfortably move between strategic issues and day-to-day operations
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate well with all levels from entry-level team members to executive management.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong attention to detail and processes
- Requires proficiency with MS Office Suite as this position requires the ability to prepare, analyze, and deliver workforce management reports to senior leadership
It would be nice if you had…
- Understanding of power industry, competitors, trends
- PMP or Project Management Experience
- Familiarity with Leidos hiring practices and tools (i.e., Workday)
- Solid understanding of HR practices as a hiring manager or HR professional
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, as well as formal and informal training. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.