The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Change Manager to support efforts for the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) portion of the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Manama, Bahrain.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy; inclusive of cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The Configuration Change Manager has the responsibility of processing all Requests for Change (RFC) from initiation to completion by following an established change process.
The candidate engages with all departments in the organization to achieve successful implementation of RFCs.
- Improves the overall ability to respond to customers changing business requirements while maximizing value and reducing incidents, disruption, and rework through a configuration management process.
- Ensure ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes are performed within all parts of the organization.
- Understand and advise Customers and staff on current policy, regulations, and procedures.
- Integrates practices with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Processes.
- Promotes and communicates the Change Management Program.
- Evaluates all Requests for Change (involving IT Services, Configuration Items, Processes, and Documentation) ensuring they align services with current business requirements.
- Supports the Process Owner and Process Manager in the establishment of the configuration data architecture.
- Maintains the configuration data architecture including Product Categorization, Attributes, and CI relationships.
- Supports the operation and improvement BMC Remedy platform, including Atrium (CMDB).
- US Citizenship with a DoD Secret Clearance
- B.S. Information Technology or related field
- Additional years of related work experience maybe substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- 5+ years’ experience in change management, confirmation management, or related field
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundations Certification or Higher
- Experience with BMC Remedy process and reporting modules/capabilities.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of the ONE-Net network and the organizational structure
- Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE)
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.