Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Web Content Specialist to support a project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The position will be located in the Bethesda, Maryland vicinity.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast-paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The Web Site Administrator will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with NHLBI staff to manage the entry and release of content to various NHLBI websites. Individual must be a motivated, driven team player who interacts well with others, and a good communicator.
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, existing active HHS/NIH public trust clearance is a plus
2+ year experience managing web content using HTML, Drupal (7, 8), WordPress, or other PHP based content management systems (Drupal 8 preferred)
- Effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users and
provide a high level of customer service
- Experience supporting and maintaining websites that are Section 508 compliant
- Ability to work independently and proactively to achieve team and individual objectives
- Flexible and adaptive, with the ability to quickly change course and use multiple technologies to achieve
- Strong attention to detail
- Performing and supporting content updates of web content on the public and Intranet websites based on new programmatic activities, enhancements to existing web content, input from subject matter experts and editorial boards, semiannual content refresh input from content owners, and changes to archived web content being migrated or decommissioned
- Providing collaborative support for monitoring and day-to-day management of web content related requests through email, ServiceNow and JIRA
- Providing content-related site improvements and supporting functionality-related site improvements based on content quality audit findings, metrics, user feedback, stakeholder input, and requests from NHLBI staff and contractors
- Ensuring that content meets NHLBI standards for content development and publishing, such as internal NHLBI approvals, 508 compliance, plain language review, taxonomic tagging, and search engine optimization; Assist in peer reviews, Section 508 compliance of web content
- Supporting and facilitating content governance, change management, and other guidance to NHLBI staff and contractors
- Prepare communications and deliver presentations on recommendations for content enhancements or alternatives
- Analyze and refine requirements related to website content, and collaborate with the customer in a fast-paced environment
- Able to serve as a functional expert of the Intranet and public websites
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and product
- Experience working on Federal Health systems and websites (especially NIH)
- Experience using issue tracking systems, e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy
- Experience with source control systems (GitHub, Team Foundation Server) and source control management practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in designing web site navigation, creating and presenting wireframe design artifacts
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.