The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Energetics and Training (CBRNE & T) Portfolio has a Chemical Weapons Training Specialist position available. The opportunity for the Chemical Weapons Training Specialist will provide technical support under the Leidos prime contract for delivering services and development efforts supporting the Combat, Capabilities and Development Command (DEVCOM) Chemical Biological Center. This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground – Edgewood Area, Maryland.
The Training Specialist will serve as a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) subject matter expert (SME) and trainer for the DEVCOM Chemical Biological Center (CBC) Chemical Sciences Division Advanced CBRNE Training Branch (ACTB). SME will deliver expertise to Federal Government agencies in supporting the combat against Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD). As part of the effort the SME shall be responsible in working with both Federal Government staff / officials and other Leidos support personnel in planning, executing, and completing field activities associated with WMD and CBRNE training, demonstration, field exercises, table top exercises and other duties as assigned by the Government Project Team Lead. The Chemical Weapons Training Specialist will support the ACTB in designing, developing, and performing training activities for warfighters, other Government Agencies, and civilian personnel in areas of WMD tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), field identification and analysis protocols, conduct of operations and other areas unique to chemical and biological WMD detection, identification, and countermeasures.
- Serve and assist DEVCOM CBC in WMD efforts as a technical member between the ACTB and various classified and unclassified customers, to include: Department of Defense, Department of Justice and Department of Energy
- Lead/support CBRNE training events through the lifecycle - defining organizational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP's); integration of TTP's with the training being offered; interfacing with CBRNE subject matter experts within DEVCOM CBC; building a rapport with customers; and partnering with ACTB Chief to develop business opportunities
- Assist in special projects for classified customers, to include chemical and biological solutions as it relates to engineering, construction, response, training and application
- Articulate and communicate assignments, projects, problems to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review and delivers efforts within scheduled timelines
- B.S. Degree in Biology or related field with 8 or more years experience with CBRNE, WMD, and other hazardous material technical support, to include field experience.
- 4 or more years operational experience as a lead in planning, coordinating, and managing projects and teams
- 4 or more years experience with resource management to include financial and logistics management support
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with government and contractor personnel
- Ability to coordinate team activities and offer expertise for the resolution of issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent of the time.
- Military Experience, Civil Support Team experience and/or Military Occupation Specialty preferred.
- Experience in working with Gov’t and civilian agencies.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.