Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr Full Stack Software Developer to work in our Atlanta, GA, office in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Collaborates with program manager, other software developers, bioinformatics scientist/engineers to develop solution supporting the bioinformatics and scientific community
- Work with customer to refine, groom and prioritize issue backlog
- Work with customer and development teams to flesh out technical and QA requirements
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Adhere to Agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Design, code, and test web applications that streamline and facilitate bioinformatics research
- Troubleshoot software bugs and technical issues in development, QA, and production environments
- Create architecture solutions which align with overall project objectives and requirements through project assessments and gap-analysis of existing versus required capabilities
- Conducts project evaluations to identify possible software, hardware and system architecture solutions which can be used toward fulfilling project objectives
- Utilizes current technical trends for up-to-date architect solutions and actively researches emerging technologies to support proof-of-concept (POC) capabilities and identify future solutions for assigned projects
- Identifies hardware and software architectural needs
- Produces necessary architecture design documents during the entire course of the project.
- Works with software, network, and system engineers to propose technical architecture based on analysis of project requirements and/or new technologies
- May have knowledge and experience in implementing and modifying specialized off the shelf tools (i.e., COTS, GOTS, Open Source, etc.) that are highly configurable and allow customization without the need for custom software development
- Interfaces with customer technical staff to present architectural concepts and propose architectural solutions
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of software development with design and architecture experience
- Experience in performing requirements assessment, evaluating architectural options & technologies, and conducting proof of concept and rapid prototypes
- Experience leading and guiding junior developers on the team
- Solid understanding of standard web technologies
- Experience building large web applications with Node.js
- Experience with Java technologies and frameworks such as Spring and Python development
- Experienced with modern deployment pipelines and containerization including Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in creating Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) using Representational State Transfer (REST)
- Experience with SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL etc.) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB etc.)
- Proficient with CI/CD pipeline tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience with distributed source control and collaboration tools (git, GitHub, Gitlab, Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Comfortable working in a primarily Linux (CentOS 8) environment
- Agile development experience
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Preferred Candidates with a subset of the Qualifications below:
- Experience with AWS: EC2, ELB, Lambda, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cloud Formation and VPC management
- Experience with Hapi.js, Express.js
- Experience with Hadoop & Spark
- Experience with developing cloud-based solutions
- Experience with the following technologies - RegEx, Redis, Bash, Traefik Proxy and Load Balancer
- Experience with data analytic technologies
- Previous experience supporting Bioinformatics solutions
- Previous experience working in CDC or other federal agencies
- Requires ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.