The Maritime Systems Division of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Business Development/Capture Manager to support the Maritime Surface Market.
Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Business Development Manager to focus on the Maritime Surface market. The BD Manager is responsible for supporting the Maritime Surface opportunity pipeline, executing the Leidos BD process, maintaining a high Probability of Win for those opportunities selected for capture and bid, and in general growing business within the Maritime Market. The ideal candidate will have served with the US Navy (military or civilian) and have previously served in a management/leadership role as a program manager and/or subject matter expert with operational experience in the Surfacce domain. Direct experience working with PEO IWS, PEO Ships and related Program Acquisition Offices is preferred. Experience with Naval Surface Warfare Centers is a plus.
This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify, assess and support the pursuit of potential Maritime Surface related business opportunities. He/she will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will contribute to the Leidos Maritime strategy, internal and external partnerships, and maintain/update business plans and associated marketing for Maritime Surface opportunities.
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: operational knowledge of Navy Surface operations, business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Function independently while representing Leidos enterprise capabilities, organizations, and business interests with senior and working level customers and customer prospects.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Support Maritime Systems Division, Operations and Group senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Collaborate with the Leidos Account Management personnel to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the quarterly business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Interact routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on taskings
- Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 12+ years of related experience.
- An Active Secret clearance is required, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant Maritime Surface related organizations
- Prior Experience working directly with Military personnel at all levels of seniority
- Flexibility to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten or more years of experience in operational surface Navy programs
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.